9.07.2011

What I Would Buy: Sachin + Babi

I really enjoyed this collection from Sachin + Babi! It's very relaxed and I love the clean cut lines. I'm noticing for spring 2012 that we're going to see a ton of pastels, and I'm excited to see how other designers use this trend in their collections. I remember they said that the Panatone color of the year for 2011 would be Honeysuckle, but I really didn't see the color so much in collections. I was glad to see it present here in this collection, as well as other cool tones like pale yellow and bold blue. Without further ado, here's what I would buy from the Sachin + Babi Spring 2012 collection!


Look 4: Those fantastic shoes that are featured throughout the collection! Perfect for spring! Also, that blouse. It looks very wearable and transitional.


Look 7: Those pants! Great color, great shape, and I bet they move really well. I would love to see the material. They also come in yellow! Perfect for the new season.


Look 8: Pants and shirt. That shirt is perfect for office, especially for fshion people, and the pants appear to be really fitted and well made. They're a classic!


Look 10: The pencil skirt. Pencil skirts were a big hit on the fall runways and I know that they'll carry over into the next season seamlessly. The 'new length' that the pencil skirt and midi poses is super hot right now. (Also, it's just a killer skirt with a sick design.)


Look 14: The dress. This would be an awesome statement piece that would be worn time and time again and it would transcend into a fall season easily if you throw a cardigan over it.


Look 16: The dress. Another piece that would tranced seasons. And it continues the color-blocking trend that had been so hot this year.


Look 20: The Jacket. This would be a perfect piece to have in the store around March-April when the weather starts getting a bit warmer. The cut, fabric and color and killer!

Trends: Color blocking, clean cut, white, pastels, shorts, honeysuckle, yellow.
Kind of store: Some place with lots of contemporary lines. These clothes are definitely for the effortless cool girl.

All images via style.com

What is this?
"What I Would Buy:" Is Justine indulging her love of wanting to be both a trend forecaster and/or  a fashion buyer.  In "What I Would Buy:" posts, I'll show you which pieces I would order and why! It's as simple as that. I'll also discuss new trends I see forming, and new styling concepts.

No comments :