11.28.2011

Happy Birthday The Girl In The Check Scarf!


As I was looking at my calendar, I realized that today marks the day that The Girl In The Check Scarf was created back in 2009. I can't believe we're two years old!
Thank you, my dearest readers, for reading, commenting, emailing, tweeting me, and for all your kind words over this period of my life. Your support means the world to me, and I am excited to continue to share what I love with you (Maybe there will be a post like this in another two years? We'll see what happens!). This blog has helped me grow and develop in more ways then I can count. Being in an area where next to no one knows high fashion, this blog has been a beautiful resource to me, and it has made me feel like I am part of the fashion community. It has even expanded to the point where I no longer feel that way, but I know I am part of the community. I don't know if I would have that if it wasn't for you, right now, sitting in front of your screen and reading the rants of a 16 year old from upstate NY. 
In all seriousness, this blog has changed my life. Through it, I have gotten job offers, made close friends, interacted with some major brands, and overall gained invaluable experience. I can't imagine my life now without this blog! I love blogging now even more then I did when I first began as a 14 year-old two years ago.  My readers have been a huge support to me. I love adding little blips about what's going on in my life and having people tell me about their experiences, and it's incredible that whenever something good happens in my life I get SO much support from my readers. I love you guys! Blogging has been such an adventure! Fashion weeks, countless showroom visits and events, and I hope for many more in the future. So, here we are, 464 posts, 730 days, and 479 subscribers later we're still going strong! Once again, I thank you for reading and I hope you continue to follow! And Happy Birthday, The Girl In The Check Scarf!
(What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a Stella McCartney-themed cake??? via apollinas)

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I'm fourteen now and I just started my blog so I can only hope that in 2 years time I'll be as experienced as you and that my blog will be able to reach out to so many people like yours. I agree with the part about being part of a huge community of so many amazing and creative people, who you learn something from every day!

Happy 2nd-year-anniversary, The Girl in The Check Scarf! (:

voguishdesires.blogspot.com

Sarah Justine said...

@Fatima- Okay, as totally lame as this may sound your comment made me a little teary eyed. Maybe I'm just having a really emotional kind of day, or maybe you're just really awesome. haha. Thank you so much for the kind words!
Much love, SJ