2.09.2012

Away To Fashion Week We Go!

(I think this picture perfectly expresses how I'm feeling right now.)
I'm soooo excited for Fashion Week, you guys!!! It feels like I have spent the last month getting ready for it, and here it is the morning of the 9th and I feel so unprepared. Ah. Such is life. I still don't have my outfits planned. I think for most people, that's the first thing they think of. For me, it's the last. Heck, I just finished shopping yesterday. My heels aren't even broken into yet! But something always works out. I'm really excited because I have been lucky enough to get a couple of my outfits/accessories sponsored from some awesome companies like Ainsley, Qi Cashmere, and Craft and Culture. I can't wait to show you the pieces-- they're amazing!  
Today I get to attend presentations from WHIT and M.Patmos, which I'm happy about. Both are brands I deeply love and I can't wait to see what they have in store for fall 2012! 
I feel like this is something that I have been waiting for for a very long time. Instead of a show or two, I have been invited to about 20 presentations-- my most to date. I can't wait to get out there. It's been really testing, though. I promised myself and my family two things-- one, that I would not go to fashion week on Sunday, due to my beliefs in keeping the Sabbath day holy, and two being that I would not go to fashion week on my little sisters 12th birthday, which is the 15th. Because of this, naturally, it's like every single show is on the 12th and 15th. How unfair is that? Due to this, it has cut my shows in half, which is something I have been a bit sad about. But I believe what goes around comes around, and I hope that something good comes of my choices to honor my commitments. I still get to attend four whole days of fashion week, and I'm determined to make the best of them!
With that being said, I'll talk to you all later. I need to go get my outfits together.

 Happy New York Fashion Week!

No comments :