7.11.2012

Jewel Tones, Leather And Red Carpet Gowns at Sachin + Babi Fall 2012

It was Valentines Day in the big apple, and I was busy freezing my toes off and hurriedly making my way to Cedar Lake for the Sachin + Babi show.  It was an incredibly intimate affair- there were four or five rows for seating on either side of he runway and several dozen people standing. The collection was drop dead gorgeous- leather pieces and gem stone colors paraded down the runway while a thumping beat paced the models. 
I love that they decided to do a feminine, sophisticated take on leather- it was everywhere! It really gave the collection a rocker edge. There were many dresses done in leather that would have been terribly sweet and girly in any other material. They also showed some incredibly beautiful red carpet-ready gowns which had breathtaking movement and striking color.The styling was wonderful because it was easily achievable without being boring, which is something I really appreciate.
I love it when I can see each piece in a collection instead of designers piling a million things on a model at the same time There were several vibes going on in the collection, but they were all very cohesive. It all reminded me of a ladylike fashion 'it' girl who got dipped in a vat of goth style and who went on her merry way. There was many contrasts throughout the collection such as ostrich feathers and crocodile, strict pencil skirts and and maxi skirts, and leggy gowns and conservative day wear. Another collection highlight was the seriously amazing coats and some sweet ladylike skirts- some done in leather pieces and some featuring ostrich feathers. Hands down one of my favorite collections from New York Fashion Week! 

My pictures from the show aren't too stellar, but I picked some of my favorite looks from Style.com to show you. 

Big thanks to Sachin + Babi for letting me attend the show. You can check them out on the web here and show them some love on twitter here!

*Photos by myself and style.com

No comments :