9.25.2012

WHIT Spring 2013 Collection Review + Backstage Shots


I was lucky enough to go 'backstage' at the WHIT presentation during NYFW. Much like the clothes, the vibe was really laid-back. There was no violent rushing around or crowded spaces, and the models were happy to pose for pics. If only every presentation was on island time like this one! 



I love this photo. There's something really natural about it. 
 
How epic are the hats by Yestadt Millinery?!


Take note ladies, this is THE makeup cheat sheet for ss13. I saw this look over and over again during fashion week. Brown eye shadow, soft, pink-ish lips and cheeks. It's really beautiful.


 
 

 






 
 

The bright clothes in neon and yellow hues were a perfect contrast to the grey NYC sky that was threatening to rain out the presentation. 
I was a really big fan of the banana leaf print seen throughout- I think there's something really quirky about it! Being the die-hard oxford fan that I am, I flipped when I saw the banana print on the shoes as well. It really re-invented traditional pieces.
 The clothes were easy, fun, and young. Nothing was too uptight or snobby. There were several dresses that you could throw on in an instant- et voila- you'd be chic and ready to go. I really appreciated that the cuts were kept simple so that you could appreciate the loud prints and colors. I really loved the flowy blouses and dresses that came in the pink print and the blue leaf print. They'd be perfect for a thinner girl, but it's not exactly the fit that curvy girls like myself can wear well, unfortunately. I'd end up looking like a really chic pink cloud. Thank goodness there were other more form-fitting pieces in the collection. 
Everything was also very on trend for ss13- sea foam, neon, button down's, color blocking, mesh,  stripes, all-white looks, sportiness, lace, it was all there! Literally every single major trend was accounted for. 
For me, a big collection highlight were the bags. The shapes were inventive, and the colors were really wonderful! Whitney told me that if was their very first season doing handbags, and I'm excited to see what adorable arm candy she creates in the future!



 The designer, Whitney Pozgay. 

Thank you so much for letting me attend! You can check out WHIT on the web here

Also, I'd love it if you checked out my latest post for hvmag.com! I reviewed Kaelen SS13 collection for their blog, The Couture Report. Check it out!

No comments :