11.28.2010

Happy Birthday, Blog!


So here we are! One year, 240 posts later! 
It has been such an adventure and I have loved every bit of it! Thank you so much for all your comments, emails and support! Thank you for reading my blog. I love you Lovelies so much! I have learned so much through this blog and I have made so many friends from around the world. It has helped me gain knowledge of journalism and increased my knowledge of fashion drastically. Thank you for wanting to hear what I have to say and for letting me express myself. I know everyone says it, but I truly love blogging. This blog is always on my mind whether it's post ideas or ways to make it better. I have gained so much and my love of fashion has grown immensely. I really just started out because I knew that I loved fashion, but now I really see that it's something I want as a career. Since the blog has started, I have become a fashion student and had multiple internships (all brought about by the blog!). I'm really unbelievably thrilled at how big the blog has gotten. I have enjoyed this experience more then you know! I always love hearing from you, so drop me a line whenever you can. Once again, thank you thank you thank you, and happy birthday, The Girl In The Check Scarf. Love, Justine.

(I did this for the 6 month mark and I thought I would do it again!) Here are my favorite posts after one year...

It's always been about the inspiring photography that I love so very much.


... I seem to have developed an odd obsession with Balloons.

I can't even begin to count how many posts I have done about red lipstick! Love it.


Celine! Helped me develop a love of simplicity. And I really recived a love of Celine, Chloe and Hermes via the blog.


This image is one of my favorites ever.

I turned 15!

I'm still a brunette! Yes, red hair is GORGEOUS but I like being me.

No, no trips to Paris just yet. But don't worry. It's gonna happen.

It's all about the matchy-ness.

Still crushing on this guy!

This post barley just went up, but it's already one of my favorites!

I love old books.

Whimsical editorials are the best editorials.

I think I have posted every good Emma Watson photo I can get my hands on! I love this girl.

Shoes and chic kids. Oh yes.

8 comments :

Mia said...

Congrats ! :)

Olivia @frenglish_style said...

Whaooo Congratulation on your blog It is Gorgeous!!!! I can really feel the passion you put behind all of your posts!!! The pictures are gorgeaous, I haven't read all of the blog yet, but I will do by the end of this week!!!
I hope you will get the chance to come to Paris, it really is a magical city ( and I am not saying that just because I am a frenchy ;) lol)!!!!
I too am obsessed with old books, I am currently reading a 1890 edition of Faust!
Red lipstick.. I love it ,so classy, I wish I dare wearing it!!!
Ok sorry I talk -write- to much :)))
xx

tuolivia said...

Happy Birthday to your wonderful blog. I have only just found it but already I can see it is a tribute to the art of fashion. Plus I adore red lipstick and wear it whenever I can. You have quite the eye...

Unknown said...

loved looking through this post! happy one-year :) loved reading your recap of the blog!

xoxo

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenmarie said...

Congrats! You must be very, very proud!

Dagmar said...

Congrats with the birthday-blog!!!

xx.
dagmar

helen turnbull said...

ar ht this is a really cute post. well done, keep up the good work.

Helen, x
http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com/