2.04.2013

Big News: IBM Smarter Commerce x The Girl In The Check Scarf!

IBM is embarking on an exciting new campaign all about how we interact with technology. They've hand-picked the participants, and I'm honored and excited to take part in campaign. As far as I know, I'm the only teenager involved, and that really means a lot to me!

IBM has an great service called Smarter Commerce that helps businesses reach their maximum potential by utilizing advancing technologies, and they've asked me to talk about how I use technology to advance my own goals and enhance my life- which is something very near and dear to my heart. From the very start of my life, I've always been fascinated by new technologies and innovation. Technology can help solve problems ranging from 'What should I do tonight?' to 'Let's crowdsource cancer research!'. Because of this, technology is my drug of choice. I literally cried the first time I saw my blog formatted by OnSwipe on a tablet (you can read about that here); articles about 3D printing helped me realize my desire to be an industrial designer; I went to my room and cried when Steve Jobs died; and I'm writing my senior thesis about technology patent wars. I believe that today's advancing technologies are building a better, brighter tomorrow, and I want to help that tomorrow come today by working in industrial design. Technology plays a huge role in my life - classes with Coursera have helped me broaden my horizons; Khan Academy saved me from failing trig; and the internet taught me all I needed to know about the business of fashion. I'm CONSTANTLY finding apps and having experiences with technology that change my life for the better. Now, with the help of IBM, I'll be sharing those experiences with you.

Throughout the month of February, I'll be talking about how technology and social media help me to be a better student, a better writer, a better friend, and a better blogger, using the hashtag #MySmarterCommerce. I want you to join me! As fashion bloggers (and non-fashion bloggers!), we're especially connected to the world around us. So, I pose to you the question: How do technology and social media affect and enhance your life? Next time you have an awesome experience with technology, make sure you tweet me about it (@theposhkid) using the hashtag #MySmarterCommerce. I'll be happy to re-tweet! In my own life, my iPad helps me to be a more efficient fashion blogger- ESPECIALLY during fashion week. It enables me to quickly share tweets about the hottest new collections; it helps me take and edit runway photos; and with awesome apps like Blogsy, I can quickly share my collection reviews with the Blogosphere.

I'm so excited to begin this journey with IBM, and I can't wait to hear all about your awesome adventures-in-technology! Stay tuned!

No comments :