2.06.2013

M.Patmos Fall 2013: Stealing From The Boys

,

During my sophomore year of high school, I had an obsession with vintage blazers- tweed ones, fitted ones, bulky ones, ones with elbow pads- I loved them all! But I quickly found that woman's blazers didn't fit me correctly. They needed to be tailored to fit me, and I just didn't have that kind of dough. Rather than wear ill-fitting woman's jackets, I wore men's blazers which had a looser fit. I still have those beautiful, bulky jackets, and I love them just as much as I did back then. Because of this, I could really relate to designer Marcia Patmos' inspiration for her fall 2013 collection: a housewife who borrows her husbands clothes. The collection beautifully combined feminine pieces and masculine cuts by oversizing cardigans and jackets. The rounded shape of the outer wear really softened up the silhouettes, and mannish sweaters were shown in pink and purple hues.
I love when designers use digital resources to create their collections, so the digitized camo print seen in the collection was a nice update to a tired trend. It made camo relevant to the 21st century! The military influence didn't stop there- I spotted a beautiful olive bomber jacket paired with camo skirt and fell in love with it on the spot!


Often seen in the collection were neck 'funnels' (see the green funnel above) for the girl who likes turtlenecks... Minus the sweater. They're definitey an interesting concept, but I don't know if I'd be brave enough to wear one (unless it was fashion week- you can get away with anything during fashion week).


I really loved the collection's sparkly elements, seen on the camo print below, the shiny burgundy pants, and on a metallic copper skirt- it balanced nicely with the other matte colors in the collection!

The designer, Marcia Patmos, with her collection.

2 comments :

the chic addict said...

Yes! I love this collection. Can't believe it's fashion week already!

http://thechicaddict.blogspot.com

Tian said...

I love the inspiration for this collection! It somehow works out in a very lovely, feminine way.

aspiringforever.blogspot.com